The major improvements of this version since the last major release version (8.07) are:
More Tables Features
- Slim tables – They have only one break-point which delivers significant performance improvement (30% per column or page break).
- Nested tables – Completed V8, more than 1 level, works with slim tables, allows mix of slim and standard tables.
- Row balancing – Simulation of columns on a page, improved speed in average is about 3 times faster.
- Tables Keeps – Text to table, table to text, table to table, row to row; all include slim tables.
- Vertical Justification – VJ tables through its content like outside table.
- Header and footer control – Headers and footers can be modified mid table or even omitted, they now allow control of counters.
- General improvements – Support for frozen pages, box heads improved and completed, support for multi-views, treat cell top like column top and a lot of general bug fixes.
- Optimized existing features, e.g., tables, libXML, undo.
- Implementing SuperPrint (see below)
- Improvement up to 80%, depends on application
OpenType Font Support
- Now supports TrueType and PostScript character shape inside OpenType fonts.
- Combines the world of PostScript and Unicode!
Output Composed Pages in XML
- New output driver that saves composed pages (layout, style, content, breaks) into XML. This allows post-processing for analysis or transformation, i.e., into HTML or Edgar-2.
Debugging for Template Development
- New interface to easily debug formatting progress of Arbortext Advanced Print Publisher.
- Set breakpoints, process formatting step-by-step, step in, out and over, etc.
- Find out what’s going on behind the scenes and improve your efficiency.
- “Formatting”, “Printing” and “Saving As”. Do it all at once and reduce consumed time for automated jobs by factors.
3B2 Version 9.00 (build102)
- Several improvements to loading of the saved page format information so it better initialises data and detects errors when data is missing.
- Fixed error when using soft or Tex returns after the XML PI.
3B2 Version 9.00 (build 103)
- Added <?tbrstrt 1> option to restart the current tag when it starts a new row. This helps when freezing as the tag starting the new row will go to the new page.
- Fixed XML Printer Driver to draw accolades and rules correctly.
- Fixed saving of page format information when using a slim table with colfeet or colheads
- Fixed a problem with Copyfit’s quick mode where overlapped frames were not resized correctly.
3B2 Version 9.00 (build 104)
- Fixed empty cell reference from triggering repeatedly at end of stream.
3B2 Version 9.00 (build 105)
- Fixed XML Printer Driver to output accolades and sub-columns correctly.
- Fixed possible lockup when using tcmap.
- Fixed column footers so they are displayed at end of stream, or when a page is frozen
- Fixed missing inline revision markers follwing a soft return.
- Fixed “abort print” feature (Ctrl-C or double-shift).
3B2 Version 9.00 (build 106)
- Fixed crash when using tfrules “Rule where there is text only” on an empty frame.
- Fixed depth of column footer so it doesn’t include bottom margin fom the previous line.
- Improving support for XML Catalogs.
- Fixing FISH output from tputfdi.
- Ensured that partial format is disabled when working with nested tables.
- Support the libxml x3b2:// syntax in 3B2, to smooth integration between libxml and 3B2.
- Fixed bug where frame background was not drawn correctly. This was a particular problem when rounded corners were used.
- Fixed bug where column footers weren’t displayed in alternate views, if there was a hard end of page/column.
3B2 Version 9.00 (build 107)
- Fixed “update frame’s real values” option when using frame ties without copyfit.
- Added “r1” option to accolades when they only want to repeat when changing frames and not for every column change.
- Fixed possible error when measuring centred sub-columns in tables.
- Fixed memory leak when displaying running headers from a showstring.
- Heavily optimised FISH variables. Includes modification to the FISH related FDI sections.
3B2 Version 9.0 M010 (Build 215)
- Fixed problem with incorrect revision level being reported when a line breaks at a position where multiple revision markers exist.
- Fixed problem with <?bk>…<?ek> potentially locking up during a table prescan when they occur immediately after a hyphenated word.
- Preventing predefined XML entities from appearing in non-XML streams.
- Fixed problem in tables where nothing fits on a line except for leading spaces.
- Fixed incorrect use of para revision marker when first character of a paragraph is deleted.
3B2 Version 9.0 M011 (Build 216)
- Fixed problem with spot colour lines in PDF driver.
- Fixed problem when deleting a tag that is used in a grouped frame.
- Fixed problem with ttrevout on a selection of text that begins with a delete marker.
- Fixed problem with delete marker after a tag being lost when the tag is removed in don’t mark styles mode.
- Fixed problem with yanking a selection of text that begins with a delete marker.
- Fixed problem when a table with a top caption is the first thing in a balance.
- Fixed an issue so that when a table that is breaking across multiple frame columns overflows it automatically goes to the next frame.
- Fixed hyphenation problem in Unicode version when word contains a \\ character.
3B2 Version 9.0 M012 (Build 217)
- Fixed issue preserving counters in reshow slots when using multiple table headers.
- Modified tputfdtp so that it also saves dependant auto-generated table tags from earlier freezes.
3B2 Version 9.0 M020 (Build 218)
- Improved detection of bad fdi data when loading a file.
- Fixed fdppg frame property so that it doesn’t clear all fish data when changing the footnote counter.
- Fixed display maths from being able to hang 10mm over the end of frame when at end of stream.
- Fixed paragraph keeps from crossing balance boundaries.
- Fixed crash when loading internet files.
- Fixed inline markers from being displayed twice at the start of lines that need to be formatted twice.
- Fixed txmlcatalog to allow x3b2 style filenames.
- Fixed problem with <?h> command next to a word in the hyphenation exception dictionary.
- Fixed problem with a space at the end of the last line of a frozen page.
3B2 Version 9.0 M020 (Build 219)
- Fixed minor problem with Advanced options in Search/Replace dialogue box.
- Fixed problem with spaces underlined with a rule control stream at the end of a line.
- Fixed keeps between multiple paragraphs which specify “balance before” or “break across columns”
3B2 Version 9.0 M020 (Build 220)
- Fixed crash from OCX when used in APP Enterprise edition.
3B2 Version 9.0 M030 (Build 221)
- Fixed possible slow down with FISH variables.
- Fix bug with missing passthru on the XML Printer Driver.
- Fixed problem with repeated word in hyphenator.
- Fixed PostScript errors when using bookmark links with Unicode tag names.
- Fixed bug when using <?tbreshow=2,slotnum> and multiple headers.
- Extended <?tbreshow=2> so that it also works when breaking mid-row without any headers.
- Fix so that table prescan is triggered to measure sub-columns even if all the columns have fixed widths.
- Fixed crash when using the exsl:document() extension function.
- Fixed accolades that are under text and rules from killing other accolades that are closed on the same line.
- Fixed problem with exsl:document() adding extra new line characters.
- Fixed possible missing revision marker when deleting a tag set to always mark.
- Fixed possible corruption of sfctrl file when updating fonts using a wildcard filename in a folder containing TrueType fonts.
- Added support for OpenType fonts containing a CID-keyed PostScript font.
3B2 Version 9.0 M030 (Build 222)
- Fixed search and replace statistics on a backward search.
- Yellow bar when scrolling up and selecting text – bottom of selected text always on screen not scrolled down.
- Fixed libxml node positions when the text element starts or ends with a character reference.
- Fixed SVG Importer to handle whitespace in tspan blocks correctly.
3B2 Version 9.0 M040 (Build 223)
- Fixed libxml node positions when using DTDs containing multibyte characters.
- Fixed possible problem in PostScript driver when printing a spot seperation of a colour image.
- Fixed Maths tfit and tfbf macros.
- Fixed problem with short words in Greek hyphenator.
- Fixed use of old fonts encrypted with Maths dongle protection.
- Protected against too many accolades being defined at start of line and added warning 1120.
- Text selection was sometimes incorrect when navigating in the yellow bar via a combination of cursor movements and mouse clicks.
- Fixed problem that occasionally caused text redraw issues.
- Fixed redraw problem with images that contain very long clipping paths.
- Fixed a problem with anchor control streams where ‘frame’ and ‘column’ keywords (for example) did not respect target frame’s offsets (e.g. tfshift, tftie, tffit)
- Fixed possible Pointer Error when a line keep block does not fit on a page.
- Fixed crash with clicking in the yellow bar when a CSS stylesheet is active.
- Fixed SVG Importer to allow style properties on a switch element.
- Fixed problem with linked SVG graphics not getting reloaded when opening a document.
- Fixed show string counters when a nested table overflows and the outer table is in overflow mode 2.
- Fixed use of the xml-auto encoding with the SVG Importer.
3B2 Version 9.0 M041 (Build 224)
- Fixed problem when using EPS rasters as colours.
3B2 Version 9.0 M050 (Build 225)
- Fixed tlead macro to return correct results for current page when viewing multiple pages.
- Fixed problems with autoframes using pagelife.
- Fixed crash when parsing XML documents with multiple id attributes.
- Fixed use of CSS stylesheets with the SVG Importer.
- Fixed PostScript output when using fonts containing multiline copyright notices.
3B2 Version 9.0 M060 (Build 226)
- Tag types created in a newer version of APP and will be handled in older versions as a .Tx type but the tag type is restored when the document will be saved.
- Added a variable _obj_svg_errstream to control creation of the SVG error stream.
- Fixed memory leak and error reporting with XML parsing.
- Fixed footnote below lowest line placement within nested tables.
- Reduced memory usage for low res linked rasters.
3B2 Version 9.0 M070 (Build 227)
- Fixed update of preview pane on Styles/Properties/Font dialogue. (SPR 1327388)
- Fixed issue with text in object graphics going missing when inline maths overflows. (SPR 1334412)
- Fixed problem with hyphenator and ligature tables. (SPR 1329373)
- Fixed problem with Unicode font names in PDF driver. (SPR 1340022)
- Changed widths of Thin-Space (0x2009) and Hair-Space (0x200A). (SPR 1295354)
- Fixed hyphenation of lines that contain Arabic characters. (SPR 1343944)
- Amendment to fix 71 for footnote below lowest line placement within nested tables. (SPR 1314483)
- Modified XInclude to obey XML related document preferences. (SPR1352271)
- Fixed handling of undefined entities when reference name contains numbers. (SPR1329354)