Tuesday September 24th and Wednesday September 25th 2024
The 20th ALD User Meeting & 6th co-hosted ALD World Event
This years location is Cologne in Germany
After a break of some years, we are organising another of our well-known user meetings together with our long term German partner DATACOPY publishing solutions GMBH. Our event is focused at users of the Arbortext Layout Developer (ALD) software (formerly named APP & 3B2), for both current and former users or those who plan to use it. The focus is on the requirements of publishers, printers and publishing service providers. We will also cover the Arbortext Layout Editor, Publishing Engine, XML Editor, and Styler products, as many of you use the integrated Arbortext product suite.
The user meeting will take place at the NH Hotel Köln Altstadt, Holzmarkt 47, 50676 Cologne, Germany (https://www.nh-hotels.com/de/hotel/nh-koeln-altstadt ), only 3 minutes by taxi from Cologne Central Station.
PTC is supporting us with this event, which will be held in both German and English laguage. Simon Taylor (Arbortext Product Manager) and Richard Jinks (Senior Developer of ALD/ALE) have already confirmed their participation. Below are a few highlights from our conference program, which will be continuously expanded in the coming months.
Day 1 Tuesday 24th
The first day is aimed at everyone who is directly and indirectly involved with ALD, i.e. managing directors, managers, template/stylesheet developers and production staff. Here are some highlights:
- Introducing ALD and ALE version 12.3.
- Preview of an exciting new ALD based product from PTC (TBC)
- Overview of ALD & Publishing Engine, functionality, business case, ROI.
- Overview of the latest versions of other Arbortext products PE, Styler, Editor.
- Presentation of PTC product roadmap for upcoming releases.
- Questions and answers: You tell us your concerns and expansion requests and we classify them in the product planning.
Day 2 Wednesday 25th
The second day is an intensive training and is aimed primarily at ALD users / developers and of course also at interested managers and production staff. Some highlights:
- ALD version 12.2 feature update (Agenda)
- ALD 12.2 template architecture & best practices
- Introduction to Arbortext Layout Editor (ALE)
- Enhancing your templates to support ALE and new UI features in your workflows
- Configuring ALD templates for use with Publishing Engine or ALD Server
This training takes place separately in separate rooms in German and English, which means that you can expect a purely German or English speaking day.
Chris Western (tformat ltd) will be the trainer for the English-language training and Erwin Müller (DATACOPY publishing solutions gmbh) for the German-language training. Currently we are confirming with PTC to what extent the training can be supported by Richard Jinks and/or Simon Taylor.
Evening Networking Dinner
On the evening of 24 September, we offer you a joint dinner at the XII Apostel restaurant on Cologne’s Heumarkt, just a 10-minute walk from the NH Hotel. You can book the event days and the evening event as a package or individually.
Please note the staggered early bird discount. Further information can be found on our registration form. (Link to registration form)
We have reserved a limited contingent of single rooms at the NH Hotel Köln Altstadt at a reduced price:
- Standard double room for single use 23.-24.09.24 (1 Night): € 163,00
- Standard double room for single use 24.-25.09.24 (1 Night): € 190,00
The price includes the overnight stay including breakfast.
Please register directly with the hotel and mention the reservation number 124141044 and the keyword “DATACOPY”.
The room can be booked by email: [email protected] or by phone: +49 (0)30 2238 0233. If the contingent is fully booked, we will recommend additional hotels on request.
Due to trade fair activities at the time of the user meeting, it is definitely recommended to book in good time.
Please download and complete the following PDF form to register for this event.